Huntington is a historic town in Long Island whose residents and entrepreneurs continue to make history. Since 1957, the partners at Carner & DeVita have been making a positive impact in this community by helping individuals secure the rightful compensation and justice they need through the legal system.
The town of Huntington was formed on Long Island way back in 1653 when it was purchased by three men from Oyster Bay, NY. The three immediately turned the property’s ownership rights over to the current residents who had already settled and formed an industrious agricultural community.
In 1867, the completion of the Long Island Rail Road instantly transformed the town into a bustling city populated by affluent and ambitious tradesmen. By the dawn of the 20th century, Huntington was fully a community that was shared by tycoons seeking leisure and hard-working families seeking prosperity.
Experienced Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers
For over 60 years, partners at Carner & DeVita have served the hamlet of Huntington, helping residents establish new businesses and defend against criminal charges. In 1974, the firm began offering personal injury lawyer representation, allowing injury victims to recoup their losses and other damages that resulted from acts of negligence. Clients from all over Huntington and Long Island have been served adeptly by Carner & DeVita.
This history of winning cases, trials, and settlements for injury victims has encompassed areas such as Dix Hills, Huntington Bay, Centerport, Lloyd Harbor, Northport, Asharoken, Eatons Neck, Melville, Huntington Station, West Hills, Fort Salonga and many more notable hamlets and villages in the vicinity. Let a Huntington personal injury lawyer from our firm help you in your next time of need.
If you wish to explore your options for a personal injury claim after a car accident, slip and fall, defective product injury, or any other form of negligent act, contact us today. We can provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation with a Huntington personal injury lawyer could be the next best step to take in helping you recover what you need.
Common Accidents and Other Injuries Our Huntington Personal Injury Lawyers Have Assisted With
Carner & DeVita has a history of helping Huntington’s citizens recover financially after a devastating injury or accident. We take time and effort to explore your legal options, form a winning strategy, and back up your claim with compelling evidence. We also vigorously counter any defenses at-fault parties put forth to counter their own liability for injury victims’ damages.
Car accidents are one of the most common types of injury causing accidents we see in the city of Huntington. According to the New York Department of Health, Suffolk County sees 1,466 emergency room visits, 122 extended hospitalizations, and 11 deaths in an average month as a result of car accidents.
If you have been injured in any of the following types of accidents or incidents, our personal injury lawyers are ready to serve you:
- Car accidents: One of Huntington’s leading causes of accidental injury and death.
- Truck accidents: Heavy commercial vehicles can cause significant injuries or death and lead to complex negligence claims potentially involving several businesses or individuals.
- Medical malpractice: The negligence of a professional healthcare worker or provider can cause lifelong injuries or death and lead to complex claims.
- Defective product: Whether defective by design, by manufacture, or by misinformation in marketing, the products companies produce can injure us in our own homes and lead to significant injury claims.
- Slip and Fall: Slip and fall accidents can happen at work, at a business, or on private property, but they all pose risks of serious injuries and possible permanent disability.
- Construction accident: Construction accidents and deaths have been on the rise in New York state, leading to costly injuries.
- Wrongful death: Preventable deaths caused by the negligence of others can lead to claims taken up by surviving Huntington family members or estate representatives.
Work with a trusted Huntington personal injury lawyer who is looking out for your future. Contact Carner & DeVita at 631-543-7070 to receive your free consultation today.